We want culture to be at the heart of everything that we do in Croydon; to make London’s fastest growing borough the exceptional place that people want to enjoy, live, work and visit.
Since establishing in 2017, the Croydon Cultural Network has been a huge success. Bringing together over 600 colleagues from the creative and cultural industries to discuss how to make improvements across the borough, to increase the size and health of our creative industries, as well as to provide opportunities for more collaboration. The network informed Croydon Creates – our Cultural Plan for Croydon 2019-2023 and was consulted on our successful London Borough of Culture 2023 bid, for Croydon Music City and other initiatives.
The network usually meets a few times a year and is a great opportunity to network. Membership is free. To receive updates, see https://www.croydon.gov.uk/leisure/culture-network-newsletter
Our cultural plan has six big ambitions for what we want Croydon to be:
- A place where culture is for everyone
- A place where people come first
- A place with stunning, inspirational public spaces
- A place that is full and dynamic
- A place that celebrates its past and present
- A place where cultural entrepreneurs and creative businesses succeed