CROYDON MUSIC CITY is the response to findings from extensive ongoing consultation with our musicians, venues, audiences and stakeholders and research from SOUND DIPLOMACY.
Alongside the Creative Enterprise Zone (CEZ), the initiative is working to develop, support and nurture Croydon’s “music ecosystem” to ensure that it is a place where music and music production is at the heart of the local economy, that encourages and nurtures emerging talent.
CROYDON MUSIC CITY works across five key areas:
• Building a Music Industry Network in Croydon to share knowledge, ideas and skills.
• Supporting the growth of existing music events and creating performance opportunities for local talent.
• Working with venues to broaden the local live music offer.
• Celebrating Croydon’s rich music heritage
• Sector skills development to increase access to the music industry.
The initiative is overseen by an Industry Steering group supported by Project Manager Marcus Harris – Noble.